Friday 13 February 2015

Possibly the most exciting post ever....

....or not

Tyres - yeah, what's better than a post on tyres? Two posts of course!


Above is a picture of my rear tyre after 400 miles.  Yeah, just 400 miles and none of them on the turbo.  I love the Vittoria's, I really do.  But 400 miles to do that isn't great by any stretch.  Especially when you're looking at 3000+ miles during the course of one race.  Oh and if you thought it was just an issue with the Open Pave's...


...that red/orange stuff is tyre.  That should be still attached to the tyre.  I wouldn't mind but thats a turbo specific tyre and the dust is after one long session.  I've now got mounds of the stuff covering the spare bedroom and anything in the spare bedroom.  I even emptied some out of my keyboard the other day, it gets everywhere.

So some sort of slightly more resilient tyre is needed.  I hate heavy stiff tyres though, they feel awful to ride.  Once the weather gets nicer I'll give some Conti GP4000's a try as everyone raves about them, until then I'll just keep destroying tyres from the Kitch Tyre museum....

No comments:

Post a Comment